Monday 27 July 2015

Celtic Knot Pillow Purse

I'm on a pillow box binge. Everybody likes them (check out last week's post Pillow Box Pockets . ) They are easy and fun to make (a wow moment when the construction puffs up, if you are a papercraft geek like me). 

Today I thought I'd make a gift purse - flap closure. (You don't always have to use the pillow box sides as the openings.)

Okay. Purse designed. How to decorate it? I was browsing through Kerry Richardson's excellent book, Celtic Calligraphy
(reviewed here earlier in the year) - and I thought I'd have a go at designing Celtic knots (digital style, that is). I worked out a hearts entwined motif and a twisted border - the learning curve wasn't too steep. Will have another go soon.

Soo- here's the purse. (I've included a gift card enclosure, too.)
CelticKnotPillowPurse.pdf 
CelticKnotPillowPurse.svg 
CelticKnotPillowPurse.studio 

Very easy to make - no tut required. Print, cut, score the folds. For super-sturdy holes, glue the reinforcements behind. The purse front pillow box folds (the marquise shapes) belong on top. For the handle, thread a ribbon through the holes and knot ends inside the box. A sticky dot makes for a re-sealable flap.

It would be appropriate to inscribe the gift card using a calligraphy felt-tip!

I'm not done with pillow boxes. I am keen to try a slide-close design...


No comments:

Post a Comment